ASIS Switzerland Chapter – Women in Security (WIS)
The ASIS Switzerland WIS network was successfully launched in 2015. In four years, the WIS has united about 20 women working in the security area in Switzerland. Since, many WIS events took place:
- In December 2015, the first “WIS Networking evening” was organized at the Philip Morris International Headquarters in Lausanne;
- In March 2016, an interactive briefing on “Travel Security” and the presentation of the “Duty of Care Awards by International SOS Foundation” were offered to the Women in Security at the Richemont Headquarters in Bellevue;
- In July 2016, a site visit of the Paléo Festival, including the security command center was organized in Nyon;
- In January 2017, a visit of the “Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie” with an insight of this complex event’s security setup took place;
- And in July 2018, a site visit of the Nestlé Headquarters and their Security Center in Vevey were offered to the WIS.
All those events were great occasions for women security professionals to network with peers, share best practices and learn about professional opportunities.
For those who wonder about the value of having a specific women group within a chapter, security is a traditionally male dominated professional area where very few women hold security leadership position. There are significantly more men than women working in the security industry, and sometimes women can be faced with challenges. But gender diversity brings innovative and creative thinking. This is greatly illustrated by the latest recipient of the our chapter's Young Professional Award who is a woman! More diverse teams make better decisions! I truly believe that there is a necessity for women to band together in order to achieve equality in the workplace and beyond. So I am very pleased and excited to take on the new role of WIS officer for the Swiss Chapter. I would like to thank my predecessors in this role for their engagement in creating and animating the WIS network with passion and commitment.
I am looking forward to organizing the future WIS events and working towards developing the network.
Naïla Karani-Freudiger, Women in Security Officer, ASIS International Switzerland Chapter
Group photograph during the event at Richemont Headquarters in March 2016
July 2016 at the music festival "Paléo Festival" in Nyon
July 2018: Nestlé Headquarters, Vevey